Keen Wading Sandals

fadeaway263

fadeaway263

Since the weather this past week almost compelled wet wading I think I found some great sandals last year made by Keen. They have a very thick rubber toe that protects against stubbing. They grip almsot as well as felt soles. I bought mine at Cabellas and here is a pic.

Attachments

• Sandals.jpg
    Sandals.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 8
for about the same price you should've got the simms (made by keen) pursuit sandal...

much better fishing/wading option
faster drying
comfortable when wet
durable
better stability
much better sole design
warranty

sm-ksf4_zoom.jpg

I picked up a pair of keens about 4 years ago for half price. used them every year for wet wading and just knocking about town. they show no signs of wear dispite almost constant summertime use. those simms look pretty nice, might have to try a pair if the keens ever wear out!
I don't wear them on silty/muddy streams though, they fill up with grit too fast and that can be quite uncomfortable. I have an old pair of orvis canvas ultralight wading boots I wear for those occasions. they quit making them, wish they would start back up. they remind me of my old converse tennies, very comfy!!

The Simms openings were larger than the Keens so I figured more dirt and grit would get in them as opposed to the Keens rather narrower slit openings.

how do you keep from getting gravel in there under your feet?

Not sure. Wade the Brandywine a lot and a mininum of sand gets in. I have never had to take them off and clean them out while wading. The best part though is that thick rubber toe guard.

i usually wear an old pair of socks and wading boots without waders when i wet wading. sandels sound nice but its miserable to get gravel in there.

just as easily as sand gets in... it get out
point your toe upstream... its gone
sand, pea gravel, whatever... i has never really been a problem

I agree with ramcat. Sand and gravel has never been a problem for me. Plus the ease of slipping on and off is a bonus for the sandals. An added plus for me is my sister has a place on one of the finger lakes and wearing the sandals to get through the lake "muck" so you can swim is an extra bonus.

I just wear my old Tevas...I like the idea of better toe protection though.

Those Keen Newports are the best shoes I've ever owned period. I wear them everywhere including wet wading. The best part about them is they dry out in about an hour after you're out of the water. When wet wading, I do get the occasional stone that needs dumped out, but it's no big deal.

Plus I truly believe it cools down your body heat better than wet wading with clunky wading boots.

Back