kayak launch

A

atticus

I usually launch my kayak at Johns Wright restaurant and paddle north for better water when going for smallmouth. Looking for other convenient options from which to launch. Kayak is not registered, so launch ramps managed by the state are out I suppose. Any help appreciated.

I would suggest a launch permit. It's $10 per year/ $18 for 2, and you will open up your options tremendously.

+ 1 on that suggestion

atticus wrote:
Looking for other convenient options from which to launch. Kayak is not registered, so launch ramps managed by the state are out I suppose. Any help appreciated.

It's worthwhile to do some exploring around bridges as oftentimes there is a public parking area nearby and a kayak can be dragged to the water. This is how I found many of the "unofficial ramps" where I launch my canoe or yak.

Otherwise, I'd agree with those who suggest the launch permits. They're a bargain and most of the places I fish are state ramps and this sticker will get you access to these many places.

I'm as frugal as they come and I spring for the launch permit (2-year). Just way easier.

Although you might want t o wIt until 2016 so you don't waste this year for 2 months.

Back