Just Moved

MKern

MKern

I just moved to Mifflin County and was wondering if anyone on the board is from around here.
I'm just glad i closer to my favorite stream- Spring Creek.

I also noticed that all of the class a's in this county are brown trout-- any brookies near here (you can pm me to keep it a secret).

DEpends on where in the county you are, you could be close to Penns or the upper end of Stone Creek in Huntingdon County?

Mike, I live in Perry Co., but fish E. Licking Creek once in a while. Check out a map to find it. Lots of brookies in the upper reaches and not too many fishing it. Good luck.

I'll second E Licking creek, it's a good fish. I usually go in the spring gets pretty low in the summer. Really a pretty stream.

My 10 year old nephew wanted to learn how to tie flys and fly fish for his birthday present this spring. We tied some flys on a Friday night and took them to the stream on Saturday morming. Don't remember a better day than watching him catch is first brookie on a fly he tied.
We stopped at the state park built a fire and did some deer steak on the grill for lunch, then back to the stream for more.

Was a wonderful day!

Back