Just A Thought This Forum Has It's Most Traffic On Work Days

littlejuniata

littlejuniata

which means that for the most part it has a captive audience, guys tied to computers, maybe bored out of their skull?

I would think that it should have at least twice the participation on weekends than work days?

But it is still fun here and the site is appreciated,

From my standpoint I was doing family stuff yesterday.I would guess the same for others.During the week I have a routine,not set in stone, but what I am comfortable doing.Part of which is visiting, commenting, harrassing, etc.lol

I am not going to count, but casual observation shows that nearly all posts are made by at most 20 people, if that.

90 percent of the posts are made by less than 10 percent of the posters

the numbers may be wrong but not by much

Most posts are made between 9 & 5

Evenings are dead

Weekends are dead

NOT GOOD

Hopefully someone can prove that wrong??

littlejuniata wrote:

Evenings are dead

Weekends are dead

NOT GOOD

That's how it should be. I post mostly during the week when I'm doing stuff on the computer. (some of it actual work). On the weekends and in the evening is family time. Time to get stuff done as GG said. Fishing or tying flies even maybe!

But to some po folks its a career,

"Rolling Eyes Upward"

Why not have them roll all the way back up into your head and stay there. You cry because no one will come play with you and then you cry when someone answers your posts. I think reds had it right in the other thread.

You are both right tom some extent.

Tom is right. I rarely post from home because i have a life outside of work.

And in a way LJ is right. I shouldn't be posting from work. I post on here because i get bored out of my skull, and it shouldn't be that way.

im usually just a lurker. i get in the annual fly swap which probably account for most of my posts. i do most of my viewing at work which where i cant log in. if i see something or have some knowledge on the subject ill give my 2 cents but i usually dont post that much.

tomgamber wrote:
FarmerDave wrote:

Tom is right.

Oh, I thought you wanted to see his eyes roll back into his head too... ;-)

Well, now that you mention it...

the scary part is I almost added that.

The way he posts their already there.
Shooting from the lips with eyes rolled back and crossed. :roll: :-?

I should have typed

NO REBUTTAL

there ain't none

do you guys always dance together

I post during the week, because I'm out fishing on the weekends, and when daylight allows I'm out during the week after work.

From a fishing prospective... if guys are working 9-5 then they are fishing 6-10 on weekdays and all weekend long. Rather be fishing than posting about fishing.

But yes LJ, I think most people are sneaking on here (like me) during work hours and posting and most of the posts are from the same handfull of posters. Not necessarily a bad thing though.

I take lots of short breaks throughout the day instead of just a few long ones. Truth is, I post as much from home unless I'm fishing or doing chores, which are severely limited in winter.

I can spit to my closest stream, the last thing I'm doing on "off" time is browsing the net :p

gemiller wrote:
I can spit to my closest stream, the last thing I'm doing on "off" time is browsing the net :p

I can spit on Greg's stream, too, but I only post early mornings, late evenings and little man's nap times. At my old job I would browse at work, but at my new job they would be at my door in an hour with a slip in their hands and I'm more than OK with that.

Boyer

I browse PAFF as drink my morning pot of coffee and smoke my breakfast Marlboros. Take a peek threw out the day. Skim PAFF, theanglersnet.com, troutnut, hipwader, or what ever links PAFF take me too that strike an intrest at night this time of year.

Ya, and it fished really well this winter too, hopefully you got some time out on there, I went out the last day of Feb and hooked a nice 16" rainbow. Can't wait for opening :D You gunna be in there area for opening? Let me know if you wanna meet up.

One thing, i bet Mr. Kile was never expecting to happen when putting this site together, he never thought someone would be browsing and posting from there cell phone.
Although with the cell i don't have ability to view videos, some picture, write a PM, upload pictures, etc. I can still browse read, laugh, and post.
Its only a matter of time before a laptop is a touch screen like a iphone.

Back