Just a couple I spun up yesterday.

WoodRiverTroutBum

WoodRiverTroutBum

Maybe pike will like the big one as much as the largemouth do!

-Alex

Attachments

• DSCN1373edit.jpg
    DSCN1373edit.jpg
    455.3 KB · Views: 8
Beautiful!

Nice.

Very nice. Spinning hair like that is a true art form.

I've tried to do the deer hair thing with some success but I find getting color patterns to look neat is very difficult and painstaking. That top one looks like it really took some patience and skill.

I would hate to lose one of those after all that work

Did you get the eyes from sandfly? Nice poppers.

JackM wrote:
Did you get the eyes from sandfly? Nice poppers.

CLEARLY not stuffed animal carnival prize eyes. These have depth and do not jiggle when shaken.

his are hard body eyes, I use rattle eyes.

nice flys should be able to take a pike.

Your stacking looks great, I'm sure any self respecting pike or any other large game fish will take those. I know they float like a cork hair tight and packed right. :-D I started off ff for ww did a lot of spinning and stacking years ago, man yours look good. Getting the back end tied nicely in with the front end aint no joke, tie in at the eye with the mono weed guard is sweet. Well done sir.
Do you put head cement on the collar ?

Wow guys, thank you so much! I am glad you like them. I really enjoy tying them and seeing the finished product, but I also love catching fish on them.

The smaller one isn't as tightly packed, mainly because it was tied on a sz4 Mustad 3366 which isn't very thick. It is difficult to pack it tight without imagining the hook snapping and getting the point through your finger nail. lol

If I have the opportunity to fish with any of you, I will happily bring some extras to pass on.

Edit* The eyes are 5/16th oval pupil eyes that I got at Bears Den, there is no marking on the package as to what brand or reseller they came from. I use all kinds of different eyes including the googly doll eyes.

Rumor has it sandflea gets his eyes from road kill !!!!!!!!!!
Just saying

Haha, Opossum eyes do work great on the bigger bugs.

Lv2nymph, sorry I missed the question when I read your post. I used to use head cement but now I use softex on the collar and belly. It takes longer to dry but I have foam pipe insulators stuck on the arm of my lamp that I stick them to and let them dry. Most of my tying is done at night (often the night before I am leaving for a trip haha) so they are good to go when I wake up in the morning.

Beautiful flies.

Back