JP Ross fly rods?

D

dubthethorax

Came across a nice 2wt Onyx rod today for a very good price. Seemed like a nice rod. Any feedback on performance, or how well they hold up? Thanks.

Depends on the price.

I've handled a few JP Ross rods and wasn't particularly impressed by them. Just didn't seem to live up to the hype on their web site and the build quality wasn't what I expected.

Kev

$60. Looks like they go about $250 new

I have 2 rods that J.P. built for me and I love them both. The quality and finish is excellent, and they are exactly what I expected them to be. If you don't but it, tell me how I can for that price.

At that price you really can't go wrong. I have judged them by the $400+ prices as listed on their site. I saw several at Foly's End last year and just wasn't impressed by them for their price. But with that said, they are worth $60 for sure.

Kev

Thanks. I guess for $60, it's worth it. Besides, it's just for fishing foam topwater for small bass and gills with the kids.

JP came and did a presentation at our local TU meeting a few years ago. He was a very nice guy and a lot of people around me use and recommend his rods. I would definetely buy one of his rods if I was in the market for one. I don't have personal experience but have heard quite a few good first hand accounts of his rods. That price seems like a great not good deal.

JP has great rods. I will be purchasing two of his rods this spring. One for me and one for my 5 year old son. I know JP personally and if you ever have a problem he will make sure to fix it right.

Back