Jig Hooks!

C

Calico

I tried searching and couldn’t find recommendations for jig hooks. So what do people recommend for jig hooks? What brand? Where to buy? Is there a place to buy them in bulk, and like pks of 100 or more? Thanks

Eagle Claw or Mustad sell boxes of 100 jig hooks. We benefit from the much larger market for Bass fishing materials that use jig hooks as standard. You will find jig hooks in larger 100 boxes cheaper online or at Cabellas/Bass Pro than at a fly tying shop where they sell small bags of 25 for $$$.

Last edited:
Depends on what you're planning to tie and what size you need. I like the Eagle Claw jig hooks, they come in small sizes, in gold or bronze. I prefer a 60 degree hook rather than a 90 degree hook. I think you might find them cheaper at Barlow's Tackle or Jann's Netcraft. Barlow's for larger size hooks, Jann's Netcraft for the smaller sizes. I've also used Gamakatsu, VMC but they're more expensive.

I use fulling mill jig hooks . Pack of 50 for around $12.00 that’s a deal in my book plus the are barbless and have had no issues with them

I tried searching and couldn’t find recommendations for jig hooks. So what do people recommend for jig hooks? What brand? Where to buy? Is there a place to buy them in bulk, and like pks of 100 or more? Thanks

Fulling Mills and Firehole Sticks are my go to jig hooks. Firehole slotted beads as well.

Jig hooks…..at Wholesale Fly Co. or Togens….great hooks , great prices

Hooks are something I don't skimp on. Either Fulling Mill or Hanak, that's it.

Back