Jamboree 2007

Maurice

Maurice

Administrator
Staff member
Just a reminder to all board members that you are invited to join the gang near the PA Grand Canyon for a fly fishing Jamboree in Gaines PA, June 1,2.3, 2007

for details see the Jamboree page by using the link on the left ot by clicking on the Sticky post at the top of the General Forum page.

So far I count 18-20 participants. We can do better than that. With all the new posters lately, I just wanted to extend the invitation.

Festus, Hows the Pine fishing? Looks like its at about 1,000 CFS at Cedar Run. What are our target levels for good fishing in your area?

Maurice

Speaking of the Jamboree, can some of the locals post the names of the hatches that might be expected in our time frame?

No reports from me on the Pine for the last few days. Yardwork and turkey hunting has taken over my life lately. But today I have my stuff back in order, and I'm going fishing. I'll have a report tonight. :)

Flies for the Jam:
Black Quills
Green Drakes...
Brown Drakes maybe
Sulphers

More specifics tonight.

Festus, Hows the Pine fishing? Looks like its at about 1,000 CFS at Cedar Run. What are our target levels for good fishing in your area?

I'd like to see 900-1100. If this weather keeps up, the Pine will be fishing extremely well come Jam time. Last year was phenominal in June because of high water levels in May. Pine was running at 50 degrees yesterday at 1pm.

I am hoping for a heavy hatch of IPAs and Hefeweizens in the early evening.

Bruno,

I don't know about IPAs, but Hefe's start mid afternoon and last until the wee hours of the morning :pint:

Hank

If this here weather pattern stays like this for another 3 weeks, then lets off to allow the waters to get back to normal, I'm promising a very memorable trip for ya all. :)

Back