J. Kennedy Fisher "Repair"

R

RLeeP

I have a 9' 4/5 wgt. J. Kennedy Fisher fly rod that I won in an ethanol fog at a long ago TU banquet. It's a very nice rod. I fished it for a couple years and then splintered the tip section while yanking my fly out of a tree. Between the time I won the rod and the splintering event, Fisher went belly up, so I put the rod away and forget about it.

Now we're getting ready to clear the house out to sell so we can move back East and I rediscovered the rod.

I'd like to fix it and put it back into service. Does anyone know a builder who might be interested in making me a new tip? Alternately, I might have an interest in selling the thing at a (obviously) bargain rate if somebody wants to chase this project for the sake of ending up with a pretty nice rod. IIRC, the rod retailed for about $350 new in the early 90's. Fisher was a highly regarded rod maker in their day.

In any event, either respond here or by PM and I'll send you the model #, the specifics of the fracture and an email address where we can talk more...

If you respond, give me a few days to get back to you. I'm up to my eyeballs in this house thing and in the words of my late Father, I'm busier than a one-eyed man at the burlesque show..

Thanks,

Bob

Back