J. K Fisher Fly Rods

• Thread starter salvelinusfontinalis
  • Start date
salvelinusfontinalis

salvelinusfontinalis

I recently acquired a custom JK Fisher fly rod. It's from the original blank series 8'6" 2pc 4/5 wt. Its a beautiful rod and casts out 4wt very smoothly. I'm actually very shocked at how thin the blank profile is and how light weight it is for a vintage graphite. I have to admit that IMO the vintage graphites of yesterday feel much better than today's sticks.

I have never seen one of these rods and I'm slowly falling in love with it, any of you guys own a JK Fisher?

sal - no, but I have some J Kennedy Fishers. In fact, one was the very first graphite rod I bought.

My bad on this mis name I meant a JK fisher

image_zpsb218fb37.jpg

image_zpsbd57efe6.jpg

image_zps8ee5e5ce.jpg

I will admit this is the only mid flex rod I've ever cast that I actually like

I recall some early Winstons when they were still in San Francisco were rolled by JKF.

I had one, but it was a fisher gt 40 ( I think). It was a nice rod, the blank was brown. That looks like a great rod, the craftsmanship looks very good and I like the look of spigot ferrules..
I'm with you in that I prefer vintage graphite over newer models.

lestrout wrote:
I recall some early Winstons when they were still in San Francisco were rolled by JKF.

The 8'6" 5wt Fisher rolled Winston is still considered one of the finest casting graphites ever...or so I've read repeatedly.

Thought this would be pertinent to the thread. www.troutrods.com/modern_rod.html Sal, that is an excellent find,you will definitely enjoy it more + more. A little more on JKF, www.troutrods.com/fiberglass.html

Back