iso, Sulphur, nymphs, scud, musky popper frog

mike_richardson

mike_richardson

Just some recent tying. I am happy with the way my first ISO nymph turned out. I also did a few of my sulphur patterns, in both black and gold bead, with my favorite "standard nymphs. I put in an order for some flymen double barrel poppers and still need to put the legs on that one. Finished up with tying a size 20 scud.

THe big game jaws handled the variety of hooks pretty well, but you have to be carful on the small hooks. The first on I put on did go flying out at mach 3 and is still at large. Lesson learned on that one, but I don't think those jaws are designed for that small of hook. But after I figured out proper alignment it worked fine.

I have never really tied really small stuff or really big stuff until this year. Mainly just tied size 16 and 14 nymphs, and size 10-6 stoneflies. Occasionally buggers. I love trying new flies, and think anymore I like tying just as much as fishing, if not more.

Attachments

• ISO.jpg
    ISO.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 5
  • ISO REFERENCE.jpg
    ISO REFERENCE.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 3
  • SULPHUR.jpg
    SULPHUR.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 3
  • NYMPHS.jpg
    NYMPHS.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 2
  • MUSKY POPPER.jpg
    MUSKY POPPER.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 2
  • MUSKY POPPER 2.jpg
    MUSKY POPPER 2.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 2
  • SCUD.jpg
    SCUD.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 2
  • SCUD1.jpg
    SCUD1.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 3
I think maybe a size 3xl nymph hook, and either picked out dubbing or some ostritch or something for gills may have helped the iso pattern. Will let you know next Monday when I get to fish for some trout.

I love to tie that racing stripe on ISO nymphs. No doubt what the nymph is meant to identify.

I have never seen one in person to be honest. Heck I never even tied one before. LOL I am such as suggestive tyer that I name my nymphs by body color and bead color. LOL

copper and brown
black and olive

LOL I like trying these "hatch matching" type nymphs. Like this one and that green drake.

I lie, I do try to match sulphurs.

Back