is this normal?

mattd

mattd

http://www.flickr.com/photos/yankeepez/280215183/

I would certainly hope not!

that's just the kind of stuff that puts food on our table.

Bank stabilization southern style?

there's a spot in montana that has the same thing, gore-tex used it in an ad about 15 years ago featuring 3 guides posing in front of the old cars. probably do more damage to the stream trying to remove them. ugly yes, but probably not doing much harm as long as all fluids are drained from the engine,trans, diff, etc. there are much more harmful forms of stream pollution we need to worry about

bikerfish wrote:
there's a spot in montana that has the same thing, gore-tex used it in an ad about 15 years ago featuring 3 guides posing in front of the old cars. probably do more damage to the stream trying to remove them. ugly yes, but probably not doing much harm as long as all fluids are drained from the engine,trans, diff, etc. there are much more harmful forms of stream pollution we need to worry about

Even if the bodies were stripped they could end up putting jagged pieces of metal into the stream years later. I wouldn't want to wade downstream.

i would think not!!!

I fished the hole in montana. It's called the drive in, and it's on the bighorn.

3676073836_46df42721e.jpg

I noticed no negative side effects whatsoever, and I waded extensively downstream, as do tens of thousands of others yearly.

jayL wrote:
I fished the hole in montana. It's called the drive in, and it's on the bighorn.

3676073836_46df42721e.jpg

I noticed no negative side effects whatsoever, and I waded extensively downstream, as do tens of thousands of others yearly.
It would seem to me that some large rocks/boulders would serve the same purpose and be MUCH more pleasing to the eye, natural if you will. ;-)

For what it's worth, the Tuckasegee around Bryson City is a fine fishery, with lots of smallmouth and also some trout that drift in and out from the Oconaluftee, Deep Creek and even Forney Creek in the Park.

Not very attractive, but I sort of doubt much damage is being done.

Someones idea of restoration? It is not conservation or restoration to do something like this, whether it's cars or tires, or some other industrial waste, it should be recycled in a way that helps the environment, this clearly doesn't help the environment.

Let's facve it, no matter how well they claim to clean the fluids, etc., the cars are still more than likely causing a problem in the streams they were placed to help. I would have to ask, what nut thought this one up?

I.m not saying it's the best idea, but it does stabilize the bank and provide habitat.

Back