Internet Explorer 8

Maurice

Maurice

Administrator
Staff member
I just upgraded my browser and now on all sites not just this one, I cannot click on a link and have it load, I have to right cllick and open a new tab. I cannot even reply to a PM, or send one for that matter bnecause it requires clicking a link.

Posts open fine, replies to posts work fine and starting a thread works fine.

Its a real PITA.

Anyone else have this issue or figure out the MS workaround?

Maurice wrote:
I just upgraded my browser and now on all sites not just this one, I cannot click on a link and have it load, I have to right cllick and open a new tab. I cannot even reply to a PM, or send one for that matter bnecause it requires clicking a link.

Posts open fine, replies to posts work fine and starting a thread works fine.

Its a real PITA.

Anyone else have this issue or figure out the MS workaround?

yes, I use Firefox... :-D

I use IE8 and don't have the problem. I would direct you to sort through the settings in "internet options" under the "tools" menu to see if anything there might relate.

I use firefox as well!

That was the last straw for me with Explorer. Mine did the same thing so I only use firefox now. I don't have any problems with it now.

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/personal.html?utm_id=Q210&utm_source=yahoo&utm_medium=ppc&utm_campaign=firefox36&utm_id=rais

Goodbye IE-8, Hello MOzilla Firefoz.

It took me about four minutes to download, install and get to this window.

and it migrated all of my favorites, cookies, google home page.

Mo is tickled. :-D

And I was even able to add this smiley.

Kiss my arse Bill Gates.

Maurice wrote:
Goodbye IE-8, Hello MOzilla Firefoz.

It took me about four minutes to download, install and get to this window.

and it migrated all of my favorites, cookies, google home page.

Mo is tickled. :-D

And I was even able to add this smiley.

Kiss my arse Bill Gates.

It does feel nice, doesn't it? I've used it for a few years now and I love all the plug ins and add ons you can get for it. I do, however find that Citrix webinars seem to not work well on FF so IE is begrudgingly hanging on by a thread.

Boyer

man I am loving this neew browser. It even provides a spell checker for posts in PAFlyfish. See the word NEW above is spelled wrong and it underlined it in red while I was tying.

Welcome to the 21st century Mo.

Maurice wrote:
man I am loving this neew browser. It even provides a spell checker for posts in PAFlyfish. See the word NEW above is spelled wrong and it underlined it in red while I was tying.

Spell check won't help ya there!

Check some of the plugins out. They're the reason I use FF.

Were are the plug ins Jay ?

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/

AdBlockPlus

What Greg said.

Just keep in mind that it's good practice to disable AdBlock on sites that you find valuable. I disable it on PAFF and a few other sites that I frequent, as I want the owners to get their ad revenue. As long as they keep them unobtrusive, I have no problem allowing them.

Back