International Fly Tying Symposium 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
A quick report from the International Fly Tying Symposium in Somerset NJ.

Hung around all day with Frequent Tyer, and delta_dog. Besides the fine company, it was a day of fun, learning, and seeing lots of old friends. As a special treat, I finally got to meet Charlie Craven in person. I'd spoken to him on the phone, and we were friends from the old VFS forum (Flyfisherman Magazine).

As a public service message, the fashion craze on feathers is over. There was LOTS of nice saddles available at better than ever prices. Time to stock up!

It was a day of multi-tasking for me, as I wanted to get donations for the PAFF Tying Jam raffle in a few weeks, and invite some local tyers to the event. I did better than expected!

The PAFF contingent of tyers did a great job of tying - their tables were pretty busy. For those that have enjoyed Eunan Hendron's intricate classic ties he posts here on PAFF, you may be wondering if he's really that good. BELIEVE IT!!! We just stood and stared in disbelief. Those that attend the tying jam are in for a real treat watching Eunan tie. He does a great job of explaining technique as he goes, and is more than willing to share his knowledge.

72_50a83b6dea8be.jpg

Charlie Craven

72_50a83b7886bfc.jpg

Eunan Hendron

72_50a83b84445e9.jpg

Mike Heck

72_50a83b92e1558.jpg

Gaeron Frederichs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back