INNO vs. RODLIFT PRO Rod Racks

T

Tightlines

I'm in the market for a rod rack for the interior of my SUV. So far I've boiled it down to the INNO 10 or 14 rod model and the RODLOFT PRO. The INNO model seems to be designed to hug the underside of the vehicle roof more than the RODLOFT PRO. That being said, it looks like the Inno would keep rods higher in the vehicle and maybe provide better visibility when the rod rack is loaded. The INNO also looks like it is better designed for keeping rod tips away from the driver and passenger. The RODLOFT PRO looks like it might be easier to install (as long as the suction cups hold) and it looks like it would take up less room in the garage when it's not being used. I only want to do this once.
Any opinions?

I have had the rodloft in my suburban for 3 years. The suction cups hold for a while, but after some time(about 2 years in my case) they begin to fail with regularity. I have solved this problem by straigthening 2 of the brackets and using sheet metal screws, i went thru the plastic trim and into the frame just inside the back hatch at roof level. Holds great, no vibration and easier to reach the rods than when attached to the window w/ the suction cups. The front rack is attached with the interior trim hooks over the plastic trim between the front and back doors. It is an arrangement that I expect to hold for many years. The rods are held hgh and headroom is not an issue for me, though I am only 5'9". I have had people up to 6'3" in the passenger seat and there was still sufficient headroom. I would recommend the product and would also recommend that you be creative with your attachment options.

Back