Info on Rod and Reel.

BrooksAndHooks

BrooksAndHooks

Dad found an old rod/reel and picked it up for me. He does a lot of buying and selling of older stuff/antiques. It's an Eagle Claw/ Wright and McGill rod with the EC emblem on the Handle. All that is written on the rod is "Wright & McGill" Next line "34-F 8 ft" Next Line "7 wt"

Obviously it is an 8 foot 7 wt rod, but I can't find out much more about it, there is no "model" information anywhere other than the 34-F, maybe. not sure what that means. Did a little research but I haven't turned up a ton of information.

The reel I have found a little more on. It's a South Bend Oreno #1195. It's actually in surprisingly good condition for it's age both aesthetically and the springs/click seem to be in good shape. Whoever had this before me took good care of it.

If anyone can give me some info on the rod or anything else cool I would appreciate it! I plan on getting some fresh line on this thing and going out for some bass in the coming weeks. I cast it briefly tonight in the driveway and it throws pretty nice.

Here is a picture of the rod:

Attachments

• rod1.jpg
    rod1.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 2
http://fiberglassflyrodders.com/forum/

Back