info on a 8ft S.S kresge rod

Keppenbill

Keppenbill

flea market find just looking for some info couldnt find anything online

cane, try clark's classic forum.
glass, try fiberglassflyrodder's forum.
graphite, meh?

FWIW, S.S. Kresge = K-Mart. Seriously.

Ain't that something. So, then, what material because you never know who came up with it and just had it sold under Kmart's house brand.

ya k-mart but thats not the point.I If u have ever seen one the kmart sticker is over the original one, but hell kmart or not for 5.00 with a reel and line and i catch plenty of fish

Right, that's my point...what is it made out of?

Keppenbill wrote:
ya k-mart but thats not the point.I If u have ever seen one the kmart sticker is over the original one, but hell kmart or not for 5.00 with a reel and line and i catch plenty of fish

Easy, now.

You were looking for information, and I gave you some. I never implied anything else. My second fly rod when I was a kid was a fiberglass rod from K-Mart. It was white with black wraps, and was lighter than the Shakespeare Wonder rod I started out with.

I also caught a lot of fish with it, including my first trout on a fly. Wish I still had it. I came home from college one day to find it holding up tomato plants in the garden. :-(

i believe its glass and im thankful for the info i was mostly looking for the weight i know its an 8ft, it seems to be full flex im just ready to upgrade and this rod is my starting point.

Heritage-Angler wrote:
You were looking for information, and I gave you some. I never implied anything else. My second fly rod when I was a kid was a fiberglass rod from K-Mart. It was white with black wraps, and was lighter than the Shakespeare Wonder rod I started out with.

My first Zebco 303 was a KMart special. Green plastic reel and a white rod with some sort of funny wrapping. I'd love to have it again.

Chances are about 100% that someone else made that SS Kresge rod for KMart. http://fiberglassflyrodders.yuku.com/ is the place to start, they'll want a few pictures but can probably tell you who produced the rod, and you might be pleasantly surprised. Or, maybe its cheap junk.

Some people on this forum have a real distinct pleasure in using cheap junk and talking at long lengths about it.

Back