"indicator"

W

Wildcat23

I have on occasion been frustrated with aging eyes and unable to keep track of a drifting fly; particularly ants , beetles, midges, etc.
I've also had times where, for instance, a foam ant would get walloped by a fish, and the small white indicator nose was knocked off.

I have found that a dab of wite-out will remediate that on just about any fly. Since you are dabbing the top, its much the same effect as a parachute fly, and invisible to the fish.

Good tip! I have wanted to buy some glow in the dark paint for a while and try this exact method for a nymph indicator or dry in the dark.

Good idea...will try it.The$64 question:in the computer age can you still buy white out?

If you would like colors other than white, try "Puffy Paint". It's sold at Walmart in the cloth and sewing aisle. It is just that, paint that is puffy. I put a dab on the top of all my foam beetles so I can see them and it works great.

puffy paint will sink a fly it has weight to it, I use it on crayfish/ crab flies and streamers to help get down. might not notice so much as a dot, but it adds weight none the less on drys

+1

I tried it on foam beetles years ago and most rode upside-down or sank with just a dot of paint. And, the cast that staye uright were not a lot more visible.

YMMV

I've never had it sink my foam beetles, but then again they are very boyant.

Wildcat: you may want to have your eyes checked.

AFISHN: you will have to ask Hillary that question.

Back