Indiana PA and 45 minute radius

M

ME/PAtrout

I have been trying to find some public lands around the Indiana area that are easily accessible or wadable with hip waders. My main issue is finding accessible water that is on public land that has decent casting space. I dont mind a little bushwhacking abit but even so I alwasy have trouble finding a spot to stop and park my car. Any streams with trails or even public parking areas nearby?? I am willing to drive about an hour or so and have been trying many different little mountain streams but can never find any access.

You may find something by exploring but by my recollection (from 30+ years ago), there are a lot of creeks in the immediate area that are orange/yellow with acid from mining. You can try the maps for State Game Lands and cross check with topo maps. Good luck.

I live sort of around Indiana. When I get time to fish I don't go anywhere near there. I go to Blair, Bedford or Center counties.

I would also like to add that the Ken Sink chapter of Trout Unlimited meets at the Homer City firehall and they have a good group of folks that could be more helpful to you. I am a member but don't participate much these days. I know they do some work on some smaller streams in the area.

This is probably the best direction I can point you in...

Nice to see that they updated that website. It sat stagnant for so long I stopped looking at it.

I fished Ferriers Run a couple times on opening day back when I was in high school. I cant really remember it much but I know it was a hot spot for people around there.

Forgot all about Yellow Creek. I recall ice-fishing (unsuccessfully) on the lake when I was a kid in Blairsville, if it's the same place.

Forgot all about Yellow Creek. I recall ice-fishing (unsuccessfully) on the lake when I was a kid in Blairsville, if it's the same place.
That was probably it. The crick comes out of Yellow Creek State Park, where the lake is. Probably a 20 minute drive from Bville.

Back