In remembrance of Robert George Lohman

lv2nymph

lv2nymph

I met this mans son and began fishing with him as much as possible. Turned out to be a good friend and already the good times are numerous. One of them being a spring trip to Spring for sulfurs, which turned to midges and the fly pictured here. One such fly attached to my leader tied by Robert wound up in a tree, it took the three of us gencon, mic, and myself (I think dc was just upstream at the time) to get it out. Which was good cause I promply caught my first trout on a midge, then caught another but it broke off. Point is this fly works, with 22's I realize you might not need wings but that's the way man tied them so I will as well it took me out of my comfort zone at the vise and I like that. I'll always have them in my box Mr Lohman, so that perhaps in a small way we may wade and have a cast together. I would have liked to have met you... Thanks, Jack
897eaaefc8e31d3c825624f73858d0d4_zps3f91da02.jpg

Beautiful flys and a beautiful story Jack. Thanks for sharing.
Mike.

+1

Jack, that is a great tribute to my Dad. He would be proud. You are a good friend. Great flys. Beyond that I am speechless.

Thanks Jack,

GenCon

Thank you Mike & Dj.
And I thank you Mike for the use of one of your dads flies. :-D almost lost my religion along the way in the beginning there, but I made it through.

Very nice, Jack.

GenCon wrote:
Jack, that is a great tribute to my Dad. He would be proud. You are a good friend. Great flys. Beyond that I am speechless.

Thanks Jack,

GenCon

GenCon

I did not know that Jack was referring to your Father. Nice for you to see is impact on others, as well as you. I'm sorry I did not get to meet him.

Dave

Jack,

I wasn't there with you guys on Spring for the midge revelation. I did, however, tie in with you and Jeff (the Preacher) a few evenings later. I remember having a lot of fun that evening down in the Canyon. I still vividly remember you telling us the story about hooking up with some fish on those creme midges (you were still pretty pumped about it). Those are some really nice ties and a great tribute as well. These are the kind of memories that hang with you forever.

Ahhh, that's right. I think I fished over two weeks straight every evening all dries! Funny how that can run together like that. Yep, I remember you figured out when to hang the nymphs in the fast current, you were really slamming them. Then we all started doing it, good time... Maybe I should start writing this stuff down. :-o

Back