Impact of Global Warming on PA Wildlife Presentation

Fredrick

Fredrick

October 2nd at 700 pm DELCOManning TU wil have Retired US Fish and Wildlife aquatic biologist Ed Perry talk about the impact of Global warming on PA Wildlife. This prsentation will be open to anyone who wants to attend the meeting will be held at DELCO Field and stream at 700 pm . If you have any questions about attending post it here or pm me and I will get back to you as soon as I can TTYL FRED

www.dmtu.org

Wondered how Ed was received at the DELCO meeting? He spoke at BCTU and I would say the reception was luke warm at best.

We supported everything he said about the subject . Its not like he is trying to make money off of us . :-D

Let me say that while I disagree with a lot of what Ed presented I do think he's an honest guy and doing what he thinks is right. But I researched the bills he is promoting. Waxman's bill will end up creating a huge bureaucracy to manage carbon allowances. The process would be a politicians delight trying to give (sell) credits to special interests.

Carbon allowances and trading in them ought to not be part of the plan. We need a plan that not only captures the carbon, and one that captures the methane so that the methane can be used as fuel.

I saw Ed Perry's presentation last night at the Doc Fritchey TU meeting.

He is certainly enthusiastic about his beliefs, but so are car salesmen. I think Ed is honest and believes in his cause. He also makes it clear he is not there for education but to drum up support.

My concern is many "conservation" groups are for conservation at all costs, not attempting to achieve a balance. Some groups believe that the environment should be protected and restored despite any economic and social costs. I do not. Humans are an undeniable part of the planet's biodiversity and will indeed impact the earth in profound ways, both negative and positive.

As an active TU, DU, Wild Turkey Federation and Grouse Unlimited member I clearly believe in conservation and restoration. We should attempt to protect and restore the environment, because it is good for us, the animals and plant life; and it is the right thing to do.

It struck me during the meeting that the foundation Ed represents is a too militant for my taste, similar to the groups who called for an end to logging in the NW because of the change in habitat of the spotted owl. Shut down an industry despite the economic and social impact to protect wildlife. BALANCE, BALANCE, BALANCE!

Back