I'm here in indiana PA caught a nice brown

Pauly

Pauly

Yesterday I caught a nice brown in the little mahoning creek. Here was a nice pool near the church road and e creek road intersection. I have a photo but I forgot my sdcard reader. I would say between 12-14 inches. I stopped at the Indiana Angler shop and met Woody. He turned me on to the two lick creek and the yellow creek.

The water temp of the little mahoning was 63F. I didn't use waders. I just used my aqua socks. At 7:30am I was a bit cool, but by 1pm I had a sunburn and the cool water felt great.

I only caught one fish I can claim. I did have another that I brought in but he spit out the hook at my feet. A third one I lost while trying to transfer from my hand to the reel. I wanted to try to bring in my fish on the reel, but every time I loose fish. I have better feel and control with my hands.

I'm having a coffee at Starbucks in Indiana and will be on my way to two lick. I wish I had bought some zebra midges at the fly shop yesterday.

The little mahoning is a nice creek with many easy access points off of E Creek Road which follows the creek for most if not all of the fly fishing only section. However.....the water is low.

i'm sure woody loves that you're blowing up local stream info! did he offer you a budweiser lmao?

Indiana could use more trout anglers interested in their streams. I hope this "glowing" report of one trout sends throngs of tourists to those local gems.

jack,

there is one stream in Indiana worth your time... mahoning is pathetic and you know it.

if you speak of "protection" from the possible new found angler recogniction; you're nuts.

the property owners won't have it and that is a damn shame, but it is how it is.

believe me when I say it, I wish the opposite were true, but the moment that place starts getting regulations and such, the posted signs come back up. I wish you would know a little something about the said stream before opening your mouth. The local TU chapter actually put a cease on the finglering stocking for a few years because of angler traffic. Not because people were coming through and having a good time, but because the nonsense and litter that came with it.

or because the Amish were poaching them all with gill nets...good stream..no enforcement.

IT"S A STOCKED STREAM, WHO CARES ABOUT WOODY?

I love Amish blowing up fish with kabooooom.

as Chaz/Stonefly says WHAT DO I CARE?

right?

oh NICE FISH!

I'm sure nobody knows about that nice pool at the church road and e creek road intersection - Pauly really let the cat out of the bag on that one.

Back