If you're like me, these will be fond memories.

jayL

jayL

Back when I was a kid, and a spin fisherman, I used to watch the saturday morning fishing shows.

I'll always remember the Bill Dance outtakes at the end of his show.

Here's a compilation of some of the best ones. The snake is my favorite.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3432265409994388404

I never saw those before and laughed the whole way through. Bill Dance was my favorite of the bass angler shows. :p

JackM wrote:
I never saw those before and laughed the whole way through. Bill Dance was my favorite of the bass angler shows. :p

And I figured you for a Jimmy Houston fan. I like the one where Bill backed the boat into the wasp nest and he had to dive in to get out of the swarm.

Classics. Kinda makes me feel good that I am not the only one.

I don’t watch many fishing shows, maybe Bill Dance occasionally, by far the best fishing show in my opinion is The Fishing Hole hosted by Jerry Mckinnis I watch it whenever it is on the tube.

Merle

'The Fishing Hole' was one of the better shows on TV. Hell, my mom doesn't fish and she used to watch that one with me. Same with 'Walker's Cay Chronicles'.

I realized that Bill is becoming an internet celebrity... Look at all of these!

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=bill+dance

Enjoy.

I have an old VHS, must be 15 years old, Dancin Bloopers. Seen it 50 times but still makes me laugh.

Dear Jay,

It's easy to look stupid and foolish when the camera is running.

Who amongst hasn't looked over our shoulder to see who was there to see our blunders?

I shot the last man that laughed at me dead.

Regards,
Tim Murphy :-D

Tim,

I hear that one man.

I still get a kick out of it though. I have a nasty, nasty habit of laughing my *** off at the unfortunate things that can happen to others. Actually, I remember one time my friend did an accidental double backflip on a snowboard... He landed on his head. I ran to the aid, asking if he was OK. As soon as he came to, the first question I asked: "IS...IT....OK....TO....LAUGH?" He sighed, grumbled, and said yes. I still laugh to this day about it.

Bill is a wonderful fisherman. Just a bit of a klutz. Just like my grandfather, the man that taught me how to fish. I've actually seen him pull a few of those stunts before. Now, that's one man that I wouldn't laugh at... he wouldn't allow it.

Dear Jay,

I hear what you are saying. Anything can be funny when it happens to someone else and no real serious injury results.

I laugh at the scene where Bill Dance closes the tailgate of his truck on his favorite rod. It reminds me of the time I closed the hatch of our rental van on my brother's brand new Sage 389LL as we where getting ready to drive to a new hole on Spring Creek during a sulphur hatch about 20 years ago.

It's amazing that my brother even still talks to me, but blood is thicker than water if you know what I mean?

Regards,
Tim Murphy :)

I think it's easy to get that many bloopers when you've done as many shows as Bill Dance has done. He's been in front of the camera, how many years? 20?

Anyway, I like the show because he gives a lot of information. Color of the water, temp, weather, time of year, etc and how it affects lure selection & presentation. It's pretty easy to take that same fishing and apply it to flies. Plus he's got a nice way about him.

Dear Padraic,

I like all those fishing shows. I even like Jimmy Houston though Jerry McKinnis was my favorite.

I remember a Bill Dance show from way, way back where he was wade fishing a small Tennessee crick with an ultra-light spinning rod and a box of midget sized lures. He caught a 16 inch smallmouth from a creek about half the size of Clark's.

Good times right there!

They may be the "Bubba Bass" crew that we secretly despise, but their shows lack the pretention and pompousity of TV fly fishing shows. Those shows make me want to puke!

It's all jes' feeshin' to those Southern guys.

Regards,
Tim Murphy :)

Back