IE9 Compatibility View Pop Up on PAFF

fadeaway263

fadeaway263

Just recently noticed everytime I log on to PAFF a scrolling bar pops up at the bottom of my screen saying the browser is being refreshed to enable compatibility view. I went to MS forums and this what it said:

Compatibility View

Sometimes the website you’re visiting doesn't look right. It shows up as a jumble of out-of-place menus, images, and text boxes. What's going on? One possible explanation: The site might have been designed for an earlier version of Internet Explorer. If Internet Explorer recognizes that the webpage isn't compatible, you'll see the Compatibility View button on the Address bar. Try clicking it.

In Compatibility View, websites will be displayed as if you were viewing them in a previous version of Internet Explorer, which will often correct display problems. You don’t need to click the button for a site after you’ve done it once—the next time you visit the site, Internet Explorer 9 will automatically show it in Compatibility View. (If you ever want to go back to browsing with Internet Explorer 9 on that site, just click the Compatibility View button again.)

Dave do you need to tweak the site for IE9 compatibility? Fade

Fade,

About 20% of the folks on the site are using IE9 already. Not sure about changing the code, but will look into the site. I didn't really code the site, more tweaking things as best I can.

Let me see what I can find. Thanks for the heads up. Try Chrome if you have any real problems.

This just started happening for me after the last article was posted on the home page titled "Fly Fishing Central Patagonia"

My guess is what ever you did to add the last article is not formatted for ie9. It's a minor issue.

If you wanted to test it to see if it's the entore web site or just a formating issue with the latest article you could just take down the article, test it for a couple hours, get feedback and put it back up. This way you will know.

I am having the same compatability issue IE9
Not sure when it started
All other web sites are fine

Not sure how to approach this issue. There has not been a major update to the site since last year. Still looking into what I have to do to fix this. In encourage people to use Chrome and Firefox.

Do not like either one
Have tried them both and always go back to IE9

This issue has gone away for me. Just curious if others that were having the problem are still having the pop up.

Back