I know its the swap forum but do these seem like blatant advertising?

tomgamber

tomgamber

http://www.paflyfish.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=10226&forum=14&post_id=117399#forumpost117399

http://www.paflyfish.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=10227&forum=14

just seems odd.

Seems to me that the poster is just referencing some websites to inform the consumer about his sale items.

Now if he is selling them from these sites, thats advertising. And against the rules.

It is questionable that these are the only two posts byt hte poster, I would hope that the poster would contribute more to the site than just use the site a place to get rid of his gear.

Now that that is resolved, let me hijack this to a discussion of advertising. I do not use restrictive blockers on my PC. I have no content filters of any kind at home. At work, some of the ads and a lot of content is filtered. I don't notice the ads on this site and I discovered I should take some notice because those sponsors are paying the bills so to speak.

I noticed both Simms and Orvis. These are two sites I might visit once or so a week to browse or purchase a FF item. If I could "count on" the Orvis ad being visible to me, I would habitual enter this site and link to Orvis, Simms, Cabelas, etc. Hopefully this practice would result in more effective return on the ads and help assure the site will remain viable into the future.

Dave, you working on any permanent ad placements?

hey tom...

get bent

whats wrong with selling a rod and line
there was no TOS violation
i merely linked the manufactures descriptions of the products... rather than cutting and pasting

A. About the swap - here are the first two rules

Rules and Guidelines for Swap Forum Posts:

1. The Swap Forum is intended for regular message board participants to offer for sale or trade items of unwanted fly fishing equipment. Flyshops, dealers and other professional or semi-professional traders are welcome to purchase advertising on the site, but please do not use the swap forum.

2. This forum is provided as a courtesy to our members and the site owner reserves the right to delete any post or thread at his sole discretion.

B. "The get bent" comment is pretty classy thanks

C. Yes Jack I am looking forward finding sponsors who would value reaching thousands of potential new fly fishing customers in the Pennsylvania region this is the place. Yup trying to find more long term sponsors. Thanks for asking.

Back