I just ordered a reel seat and handle for a rod Im moding

bassistjon112

bassistjon112

I bought a old bamboo rod off of ebay for cheap, Its a three piece and im using the two upper sections to make a smaller rod about 5'10" I just ordered a handle from cabelas. Im not sure what line this rod will be able to cast nor have i ever built a rod into a handle.

Im not sure if i posted this in the right area since Im new to the forums.

I made a few "banty" bamboo rods. It's a fun project and pretty inexpensive. You never know what you will get until you try it out. Most likely a full flex rod a few line sizes less than the original rod. Finish it up and cast it with a few different weight lines to see what works best. Post some pics along the way. Good luck.

alright! I still havent gotten a email saying whether or not my handle has shipped out though :( Ive been need a small fly rod for quite some time now though so hope fully ill be in the 4-5 weight range.

I just got to reel seat today, came with out epoxy.

I really dont have any idea on how to do this, like i dont know what to fill the reel seat up with, glue? The hole is to small on the cork handle, i figure ill search around for a file. but I will put pics up of the finished piece and hopefully ill get to use it.
ezpickins wrote:
You'll have to post some pics when you're done and give us a review.

I just finished the rod tonight, Ill put pics up tomorrow and find out what line what it casts. Im stoked woo. IMO its really nice and its super light weight.

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo314/spazziz/PICT3867.jpg

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo314/spazziz/PICT3869.jpg

So I tried a 3WF and 4DT weight line and I could cast the 4 30 feet easy but then it started to crumble up after 35-40ft and the 3 weight did that after like 25ft. So i think Ill use a 4 weight line. If im fishing a small stream i should be casting more than 20 feet at most any ways.

Let me know what you guys think.

Attachments

• PICT3867.JPG
    PICT3867.JPG
    216.2 KB · Views: 5
  • PICT3869.JPG
    PICT3869.JPG
    235.5 KB · Views: 5
Beautiul

good job

Looks good - nice job.

Back