I build landing nets & this is my favorite one of the year

Tina Lewis

Tina Lewis

I am a PA Woodworker for Wayward Trading Post out of the Philly region. This is my first post actually. Let me know what you all would think is cool to show and talk about. Happy to answer any questions if y'all are looking to build your own. The idea was to put an artisanal grip onto the landing net so I hand-drew a Brown Trout pattern and cut it out to make a grip. This is a Walnut, Cherry, and hickory model I call the Fat Jake.
1grass trout handle Handcrafted custom Wooden trout Flyfishing Landing net usa engraved

Attachments

• 2  - Wood-Custom-Flyfishing-landing-net-silicone-made-in-usa_0008_IMG_1742.jpg
    2 - Wood-Custom-Flyfishing-landing-net-silicone-made-in-usa_0008_IMG_1742.jpg
    413.6 KB · Views: 55
  • 2+headshot-Handcrafted-custom-Wooden-trout-Flyfishing-Landing-+net-usa-engraved-trout-handle.jpg
    2+headshot-Handcrafted-custom-Wooden-trout-Flyfishing-Landing-+net-usa-engraved-trout-handle.jpg
    340.7 KB · Views: 50
  • browngrass-trout-handle-Handcrafted-custom-Wooden-trout-Flyfishing-Landing-+net-usa-engraved.jpg
    browngrass-trout-handle-Handcrafted-custom-Wooden-trout-Flyfishing-Landing-+net-usa-engraved.jpg
    390.6 KB · Views: 46
  • close-trout-handle-Handcrafted-custom-Wooden-trout-Flyfishing-Landing-+net-usa-engraved.jpg
    close-trout-handle-Handcrafted-custom-Wooden-trout-Flyfishing-Landing-+net-usa-engraved.jpg
    363 KB · Views: 44
  • production-cedart-fj-Custom-handcrafted-Wooden-trout-Flyfishing-Landing-net-usa-txt.jpg
    production-cedart-fj-Custom-handcrafted-Wooden-trout-Flyfishing-Landing-net-usa-txt.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 51
  • production-walnut--a-custom-handcrafted-Wooden-trout-Flyfishing-Landing-net-madeinusa-hanging.jpg
    production-walnut--a-custom-handcrafted-Wooden-trout-Flyfishing-Landing-net-madeinusa-hanging.jpg
    275.6 KB · Views: 52
Great work. I've seen some of your posts on a PA fly fishing FB group before. At least I think it was yours.

I just checked your website. It was you. The post was the cedar Jerry Steal Your Fish Fly box. Gorgeous work on that one.

Beautiful work.

Back