Hydro Fracking Information

W

wsender

I need to give an informative speech about Hydro Fracking for my public speaking class. I know there is TONS of information here citing violations and dangers, but I was hoping some people could post some information on the logistics of hydro fracking, ie. the proces, extraction, etc.

I know in theory how it works but something with visuals and something that can be cited would be nice. I know TU does a lot of work regarding Fracking, do they have good information on the subject?

Received and sent, thanks!

wsender.....there is a ton of stuff on you tube , animated videos that show the whole deal and you can choose your bias , there are pro and anti gas videos.

The May issue of Discover magazine has a very interesting article on Marcellus Shale drilling. It explains the concerns of Pennsylvanians, plus a new concern that I was not aware of - radiation contaminating the water supply. It also describes some of the disasterous effects the drilling has had on some rual towns in northwest Texas. It also describes what may be a substitute to the water slurry used during the fracking process - gelled LPG!

The article isn't up yet on the Dicovermag.Com site, its usually about a month or so behind the newstand issue, that is the last time I checked this week.

Back