Huntsville, Al.

gulfgreyhound

gulfgreyhound

In venerate old fly fisherman finds himself in Huntsville,AL standing in front of an Orvis Store,yes, in Huntsville,Al. Curiosity overwhelms him and he enters the store. Wandering around he finds some rigged fly rods in front of a list of fishing lakes and ,what a stream with a water temperature of 51 degrees and a list of flies to use for the TROUT. A gentleman tells IOFF that in fact Sipsey Fork that is a discharge from Smith Lake Dam in Jasper,Al is in fact a tail-waters trout stream for about 12 miles. Nice,unfortunately the old guy has no time to investigate this,next trip he says.
Gentleman,salesman, asks if IOFF would like to try the latest Orvis Helios 3 rod and if so he gets a FREE hat!! Sure ,why not, I got nothing to kill but time. Out side on the side walk new 5wt. in hand IOFF, false casts and lays out 25 ft of line ,promptly back-casts into a shrub neatly placed to grab errant fly lines. No fear he expertly extracts the line and after a few false casts double hauls the line out 40 plus nearly hooking a passing blonde and just missing her two friends. "Nice Job" the salesman comments. "Wouldn't you like to own one of these beauties"? "Not really"replies IOFF " thanks for the test drive". "Now where is my hat" :roll: GG

I know this was long, I just figured it might get a laugh? GG

Gulf, you better keep your day job.

Oh, no wait.

LOl Bert.GG

Hah hah.

Back