Hummelstown area fly shops

P

poopdeck

I will be in hummelstown are the first week of June. Will be looking to visit some local shops and boost the local economy. Anybody got any good recommendations for places to drop some coin?

it might be a chain,but, bass pro is always well stocked.

I don't know if Bob Clouser still has his shop in Royalton, I believe he is all online now. it wouldn't hurt to contact him at clouserflyfishing.com. Other than that, the nearest shop I know of besides BP is TCO Boiling Springs. Clouser's son Bobby manages (at least he did) the BP shop so it's pretty good.

I too think that Clouser’s shop is all on line now although you might give a call as mentioned. Agree with stopping in at Bass Pro. If Bobby is there you can strike up a good conversation for sure. Clousers are good people.

Bass pro is the closest, but it really depends on what ya want. As far as tying materials they have some but not a lot. Prices are pretty high on some of the stuff they do have.

There’s also boiling springs and field and stream which is pretty weak.

IdratherbePhishing wrote:
Bass pro is the closest, but it really depends on what ya want. As far as tying materials they have some but not a lot. Prices are pretty high on some of the stuff they do have.

There’s also boiling springs and field and stream which is pretty weak.

Agree ^

You might also consider Precision Fly Fishing in Mount Holly Springs (especially if you're looking to buy flies). It's a bit further away however.

I guess it's BPS and I can probably get to precision fly fishing as well. Thanks.

TCO Fly Shop, 2 E 1st St, Boiling Springs, PA 17007

Boiling Springs is a haul from Hummelstown and TCO is hardly worth the drive unless you plan to fish the Breeches. Bass Pro unless you want to spend all your time driving around.

I agree to try and reach out to Bob Clouser. I'm sure the shop is still there, just not open for business but who know what would happen if you called and asked if you could stop by.

If nothing else, you may be able to buy one of his books & have him sign it or buy a Clouser tied Clouser.

Closer to home for drinks & eats:

The Warwick Hotel - Really good food & drink.

Bill's - Excellent local breakfast spot!

Quentin Tavern - a bit east in nearby Quentin, PA but a great pub with an outdoor deck that is popular with the locals.

Other attractions: TMI

Thanks for the food and drink suggestions. Probably won't have much time for fishing but I'll be taking a rod just in case I can get out. Will probably just hit the swatara for WW fish if I can.

TCO in Boiling Springs is the best in the area. I used to live in Hummelstown. It's worth the trip.

Back