Howdy

L

Lkyboots

First post. Been around quite awhile, caught my first Trout on a fly in the 60's and been at it ever since. I'm from northwest Pa. And do most of my fishing on the Neshannock and Coolspring creek. Been using mostly Bamboo rods the last couple of years. I've got to fish a lot of the water you guys talk about and enjoy the posts. Getting too old to go too far so reading your posts takes me back. Keep a tight line. Will Shaver

Welcome to PAFF, Will. Sounds like you may have some advice to share and stories to tell as well. Oh, by the way, I have some leaky boots too! Good to have you aboard.

Welcome young fellow. GG

Welcome. I'm looking to hearing more from you.

welcome you will enjoy the forum.

Welcome !

DC
Why the comment about leaky boots? I thought he meant lucky boots! Unfortunately, I too, have many leaky boots, but no lucky boots.

Welcome! Like the others, I look forward to hearing from you.

I fished your area growing up in the 60's but not with a fly rod. I remember some type of "dog" lodge on Cool Spring that had a Coke vending machine that for a dime would dispense the coldest and best tasting glass bottle coke after a day of fishing Cool spring.

That is the Beagle club, that's where the delayed harvest section is now. There used to be a Trophy Trout section that was fly fishing only just down stream where Coolspring and Otter creek meet and that's where the Neshannock begins. Neshannock in the native language means twin rivers. That was in the 60's. You were allowed one 20 inch plus Trout. It lasted for awhile and it changed back to regular waters when the locals started to complain. I could fly fish all week and only see a couple other fishermen. One of the rules were you weren't allowed to wade so I had to learn how cast over, under, and around trees. That was a great place to learn how to fly fish. I caught some huge Trout with my Shakespeare Wonder Rod.

Back