How to use the Quote function

B

barbless

[quote ] If you remove the blank spaces in the brackets, the text in between will look like this [/quote ]

If you remove the blank spaces, the text in between will look like this

No need to quote an entire passage, just copy and paste the important part in between the Quote command tag.

No need to hit the Reply button that brings up all of the other code commands, either.

I see that a lot of people are having trouble quoting, so here are some basics:

To quote someone else click on the 'quote' button on the top right hand corner of that users post. Then don't do anything to the tags, and simply add your own text after the tags. If you mess with the tags chances are that the quote might not work out as planned.

[quote = "mx_tifosi"]asdf[/quote]
mx_tifosi wrote:
asdf

To quote someone else click on the 'quote' button on the top right hand corner of that users post.

I don't see any "quote button" at the top of anyone's posts. The only way I can quote somebody is if I copy what they wrote and paste it in the reply, then highlight what I want quoted and click on the quote button(only in the regular reply obviously, not the reply at the bottom of the screen).

Is it just something with my computer, or is anyone else seeing this? And mods....could this be somehow connected to my PM issues as well?

Here's what my screen looks like(no quote button on the top right corner of the posts..).

PAFF_zps66f7bf6f.jpg

If you click on the "Reply" button on a specific post, the "Quote" button will appear. Click on it and the entire post will pop up in the window and be in quotes. You can quote my one that.

afishinado wrote:
If you click on the "Reply" button on a specific post, the "Quote" button will appear. Click on it and the entire post will pop up in the window and be in quotes. You can quote my one that.

I just did :cool:

afishinado wrote:

It worked! What I haven't been noticing was the quote button at the bottom of the reply screen. Wow. Took me that long to figure it out haha. I've always used the button up by the smilies where you need to copy and past what you want in quotes. Thanks for the help...

:-o

streamerguy wrote:
afishinado wrote:

It worked! What I haven't been noticing was the quote button at the bottom of the reply screen. Wow. Took me that long to figure it out haha. I've always used the button up by the smilies where you need to copy and past what you want in quotes. Thanks for the help...

+1

Sure it works! That's what the dang button is there for! What would one think a button labeled "Quote" would do?! :roll: :lol:

afishinado wrote:
Sure it works! That's what the dang button is there for! What would one think a button labeled "Quote" would do?! :roll: :lol:

LOL I still can't believe I haven't tried that quote button next to preview. Always did it the hard way and copy and pasted. I certainly have my moments lol...

Btw, it worked again :-D

Back