How do you make an Avatar?

bigjohn58

bigjohn58

I've been trying for a while now to get an avatar but I haven't been successful. Everytime I try to load the picture I want it seems to be too big or something to that effect. I've tried changing it to a jpeg, gif, bit, etc tried shrinking it in all ways. When I finally got it to load the one time it was so badly distorted you couldn't even tell what the picture was. So what are the tricks to getting a picture to work as an avatar?

Hi,

Avatars are sized for 150 pixels x 150 pixels or less. If you are having problems after you try resizing the jpeg, you can attach it to your reply here and I'll take a look at it.

Dave

Well I have one now but it looks like I'm missing teeth and everything. It just doesn't get clear for some reason. Here is the picture I started with

The trout looks great, but I see what you mean. Let me try something.

Add this one as your Avatar.

dave

Thanks for the help that turned out really good...much better then what I had before. I was debating between using that one and I have a real neat night picture with a brownie about that same size. I got some real nice wild ones for around here in central PA this year. The end of August was the best for me but I got that one back in May. I had a streak of 3 nights in a row with fish 18 inches long or bigger the last week in August. I went tonight and got one 7 incher and missed another small one but I know the big guys are around there somewhere...guess you can't catch them every trip. My goal is to get a wild brown around 24 inches long then I'll be extremely happy.

will not let me show pic of the lake trout i caught last year

Back