How Do I Price It?

O

outsider

In the 80's I won an 8 1/2' two piece blank at a TU banquet. Bob Clouser built the rod for me. It is in excellent condition, and is a fast powerful rod. I used it several times for bass, and I slung some big flies with it. I fished a 7 weight line. It was too fast for me, and it's been sitting in a closet for years. Now I want to sell it. But for how much? Any suggestions?

The blank came from Dale Clemens rod building shop. Dale donated it. No, Bob Didn't sign it. Didn't seem to matter to me at the time, he wasn't as famous as he is today. Just would like to find a good home for it.

I wish Bob's shop was still open. You could take it in and get a personal opinion. Of course you'd be there for three hours BS'ing. Loved that shop.

Around that time I heard he used Loomis blanks, can't say for sure.

If anyone is interested in a Sage GFL 686 that was built, signed, and cast by Bob....let me know. I got a notarized / signed letter from Bob with it as well. I've had it since 1986. Swore I'd never sell it but a collector offered me A LOT for it last year and almost sold it .

Back