Hosensack Creek Stream Improvement Project

Chaz

Chaz

Perkiomen Valley Trout Unlimited will be participating in a stream improvement project on Hosensack Creek on Monday and Tuesday July 7th and 8th.

The site location is just west of the intersection of Palm Rd. and Kings Highway in the village of Hosensack PA. The site is near the 2 power sub-stations.
Here is a news article on the hosensack restoration project underway that many of you working on - to share around if you have not seen. We added a comment to the article with link to google earth image on proposed mine (restore one area and yet this mine could be permitted to undo all the good).

Hosensack Creek Project

Yes, we measured wild trout abundance in that specific stretch last week (population estimate) in advance of the habitat work. We will return at some point in a year or two to measure the response.

Chaz,
Sounds like a good project. Any chance we can see some before & after pics?

It's a shame it's during the work week.

I can post pics for before and after. Keith, since the project is led by the PFBC team it's completed during their work week. I'm pretty sure we do a follow up planting of some kind.

Little bit of a bump here.

Did you have any part of the removal of a dam up there recently that the PFBC did?? Was talking to a guy at the bar about it the other day and of course he was not pleased as he was part of the fishing club right there.

I can see both sides. Just looking for any and all information about this kind of stuff.

Back