Hooks?

MD_Gene

MD_Gene

Anyone having challenges getting hooks for tying? Any leads will be appreciated.

no problem here

I've been able to get all that I need through J Stockard. Most of my needs are pretty basic and I'm not overly picky about brand though.

I recently bought 100 packs of Saber 7214 and Saber 7216 in #18 and #16 from Flyshack. Very nice competition hooks.

Have no problems . Able to find all brands and sizes.

I have not had an issue finding hooks at all .

No issues here. J. Stockard has a large inventory!

JStockard and local shops are fairly well stocked. The 2 big box stores are sorely lacking in Fly Fishing stock. Not so with bait or bass fishing eqpt. Perhaps a market strategy?????. Hmmmmmmm

If we stipulate that the J Stockard J2 house brand and the Umpqua U-Series are likely the same hooks (and I suspect they are..), Stockard currently has a lot of stock outages in the more popular styles and sizes for trout tying anyway. Feathercraft though is pretty flush in the same styles and sizes of the Umpqua U-series hooks.

Anyone having challenges getting hooks for tying? Any leads will be appreciated.
Gene- Check out gcoutfitters.com (Green Caddis Outfitters). Excellent company, huge quality selection and great prices.

Try Wholesale Fly Company…great hooks & great price. Located in Eastern Pa.

Back