hooks in bulk

StarvinMarvin

StarvinMarvin

any guys buy hooks in bulk like a 100 pack. if so, where at? looking to save a few extra bucks?

I buy them by the thousand. I just ordered 2000 a few months back.

If you're looking for 100 at a time Allen hooks are a good deal, or Flyshack.com.

hook and hackle

ebay

sabre fly hooks

Volksnurse wrote:
If you're looking for 100 at a time Allen hooks are a good deal, or Flyshack.com.

Try Allen, you will be glad you did. They are site sponsors, have great prices and good quality, free shipping, and fantastic customer service. I used to use TMC and Mustad, but switched to Allen for everything except some of the classic Mustad styles.

Ok, thanks guys, Lateras where did you purchase the thousand packs?? and is it just one style or can I get a variety, say 10 different packages of 100

Starvinmarvin PM sent.

I here ya there I looking for hooks in bulk but an assortment of different hooks. Anyone know of where this can happen?

I would be interested to hear as well. I have found some places on Google that show where you can order bulk but I am not sure about ordering foreign.

Possible. I found one place that had a super deal on 10,000 hooks at around 2 cents a piece, I could tie a longgggggg time with that many, but they would not break insto sizes at that price.

It's not a secret. It's just that I put in the time and effort finding calling and getting manufacturers to deal with me. Anyone interested can pm me and I will try and help you out.

I bought 12,000 last year in old style hooks, next year newer style hooks in bulk...

For what it's worth, Allen hooks are about 7 cents each by the 100 and that is the best price I have seen for quality hooks. Obviously when you buy packs of 100 you can get an assortment in your total of 1000. I don't know if they discount beyond that for larger orders, but it couldn't hurt to ask. TMC by comparison are about 17 cents each by the 100. I would be surprised if you could find more than a 50% discount for bulk purchase.

I have never paid even close to 17 cents for a TMC. I buy them in bulk all the time and get an unbelievable price and the quality is top notch. They bronzing is perfect too. I am a fan of TMC. That is all I will tie with.

Back