Hooks and beads

troutmagnet

troutmagnet

http://thefishguy.com/hooks.htm
i was gonna try his beads and his hooks. Does anyone have anything to say about them?

I buy from there now and then. Good prices and good quality.

ok have you ever tryed the 100 hooks for 6 bucks or did u try the others?

I don't remember. It's been over a year since I bought hooks in bulk. Maybe two. I do know that I've gotten a wide variety from there, and all were of acceptable quality.

i did. they're fine enough.

why would you support an out of state fly shop, when you can use FFP or TCO, Sportinggentleman, just to name a few. the savings are not that much. If any flyfisher in PA. has a budget that tight how do they travel throughout state to fish with gas at 3.50/gal

Alatt,

With all due respect. How is it any of your business where people conduct their business? That's the beauty of living in America, people can make their own choices where they buy, sell, pay for gas at 3.50 a gal or stay home.

(redacted)

You are 100 percent correct, this is a debate, and therefore no disrespect taken, the point is in the last year several fly shops have closed in this state, and I know it is for several reasons not only because of a lack of support, but maybe some can still be open if there is less buying from out of state shops. Do you like jobs being out sourced to other countries because of cheaper prices.

I live in NY and buy supplies in PA and NY. Should I not support TCO because I live in NY. It works both ways.

You know what I like? Things I can afford. I also like feeding my children, being able to have disposable income for my hobbies, Sasha Grey, and monkey knife fights.

I will buy what meets my price point, and that's that. WHile its nice to sink money locally, I'm pretty positive That Fish Guy isn't actually a zabatsu operating out of Beijieng, but is more than likely, in fact, a shop in Florence, MT just like the guy says.

So, what does it matter if I'm sending my money to State College, PA or Florence, MT? Both of these locations are exotic and well out of my footprint of care. However, one of them sold me a ton of quality hooks at a great rate, and shipped them to me for free.

Also, pretty sure that this isn't a debate, I mean, I'm not a pro user or nothin', but I'm pretty sure what happened is Troutmagnet asked a question, and we answered?

What's a pound of tea cost in China this week?

alatt wrote:
why would you support an out of state fly shop, when you can use FFP or TCO, Sportinggentleman, just to name a few. the savings are not that much. If any flyfisher in PA. has a budget that tight how do they travel throughout state to fish with gas at 3.50/gal

Budget's so tight *because* I travel throughout the state at $3.50/gal, thank you very much.

What the others said. It's none of your business.

Im only 15 and cant drive so i cant drive everywere so i was looking for cheaper hooks to start tying.....

Saber hooks have served me well, and they are cheap.
http://www.flyshack.com/DisplayCategory.aspx?CatID=640

For beads, Rip Lips has really cheap tungsten.
www.riplipsfishing.com

ok.....i like the hooks but i still might try the first link...anyone else have a opinion?

they're all probably products of the exact same plant, along with everyone else's "branded" hooks. welcome to the new global economy.

buy the ones that are cheapest, or give money to someone you like (alcatt). in the end, its the same product with a different label.

ok i will probably order from the link i posted thanks.

gfen wrote:

...to have disposable income for my hobbies, Sasha Grey, and monkey knife fights.

Almost missed this one. Thank you. If i've said it once, i've said it a thousand times: Every thread needs a little Sasha Grey...

to say nothing of monkey knife fights!

I can only say that I have used the sabre hooks and found them to be very stiff. I have broken many of them trying to pinch the barbs. I was talking to someone recently though that said they will all be made like that soon. I hope hes wrong....

Back