Hook finder

lv2nymph

lv2nymph

Got this at Lowes the other day when I found myself in need of finding some 22 and 24's. It worked quite nicely it was $15.00 or so. I'd like to hear about or see other ways everyone's come up with finding hooks on the floor that doesn't involve the use of toes.
photo13_zps3a44e200.jpg

I get down on the floor, with my head pressed against the ground and shine a flashlight obliquely across the floor surface.

I get down on the floor, with my head pressed against the ground and shine a flashlight obliquely across the floor surface.

I do the same.

Large magnet works wonders !!

Same as Jack, but I do occasionally find them with my toes. Not a pleasant experience.

nice idea running the magnet across the carpet! if i did that i bet i would find 10 + $ worth of hooks! almost would pay for the magnet!

I use a magnet they feed to cows so they will poop any metal out.........i'll bet FarmerDaave has seen one. I'ts round , works great.

My wife's found one in her toes.

I got some much needed practice with the "mono-loop hook removel procedure". It worked quite well.

Hamertime, is the dog box warm enough or we can send extra blankets. My wife has found a few as well. Also she has broken 3 rods do to me leaving them 1/2 strung and the leader hanging on the carpet. Sweepers have no mercy regardless of what they cost.

Magnet from microwave oven. Large, powerful, with hole in the middle for suspending from string. Also, place vise on light colored, magnetic pad when tying.

Magnet from microwave oven. Large, powerful, with hole in the middle for suspending from string. Also, place vise on light colored, magnetic pad when tying.

I did the same thing

Back