Home Waters by John Maclean

R

rrt

"Home Waters" is written by John Maclean, the son of Norman Maclean, the author of "A River Runs through It." The book discusses the Maclean family's fishing adventures, often centered near Seely Lake. These include the author's fishing adventures with his father and others.

The book also has a chapter discussing forest fires, especially the one mentioned by Norman M. in his novella.

Probably, of most interest to fans of the novella "A River Runs through It" and the movie of the same name, are the biographical facts that Norman Maclean adjusted to help compose his fictional narrative -- at least that is what I found most interesting in "Home Waters."

If you are a fan of Norman Maclean's novella or even of the movie, you might want to read the sections of "Home Waters" that discuss the Macleans' actual lives to see how he manipulated these lives into the wonderful novella.

If you are someone who has never experienced "A River Runs through It," you might not fine "Home Waters" to your taste.

The book is well written and reads easily. IMO, it is more suited for those who have read Norman Maclean's book and/or who have seen the movie.

Thanks for the review.

I like "the movie" but have not read the book. I may have to check this book out.

Thanks for the tip. Sounds good. I am a big fan of the original book and movie.

Back