Hokendaukwa Fly Tying School

B

BTflyman

I was just curious if anyone from the sight is going to the fly tying lessons? I am relatively new to the sight (only a few posts) but would like to meet some local guys.

I will be there. I help out every year. See you Saturday.

Good luck, Tony

Tony,
My name is Scott...I will look you up. I am new to fly tying plus wouldn't mind to meet some people to hook up with and fish. I normally am by myself or with my 12 year old.

I plan on being there, How long does it run? 2 hours 3?

LRSABecker wrote:
I plan on being there, How long does it run? 2 hours 3?

2 hours. It runs 9:30 am - 11:30 am. I'll meet you there - gotta make sure my little grasshopper does OK. :cool:

This class is really awesome. They have coffee and donuts available, and their raffle is amazing. They raffle off good stuff, and lots of it - every week!

There's a whole bunch of experienced tyers there to help with tying. Students get all the help they need to get a great start on their new "addiction".

Where is this being conducted at?

Here.

Northampton Middle School, Northampton, PA. Bit of a haul for you, tracker.

Yea I just googled it. Doing a class tomorrow evening at Bass Pro. Should learn something there.

Hopefully I get to meet both LRSABecker and Heritage-Angler as I have seen from you posts your both local boys. As far as the raffles, how much cash should a man bring to this event?

Hi BT - Looking forward to meeting you too.

I forget how much the tickets are (Tony?), but you'll definitely need the $30 for the course cost. That covers all the sessions.

When my best friend went through the classes, I seem to remember him buying $10 worth of tickets. He won a lot more than $10 worth of stuff.

This isn't a low budget operation - these guys have a ton of money in AV equipment. You can see what the lead instructor is doing on a big screen, no matter where you sit.

You're gonna have a great time!

Looking forward to meeting you as well BT, it should be a good time!

Back