hip/hiking boots

afishinado

afishinado

Staff member
FYI, just found these in the Cabelas site - hip boots that convert to hunting boots or vice-versa. Great thing for hiking into remote streams.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat21404-cat601979-cat602117&id=0069920831194a&navCount=11&podId=0069920&parentId=cat602117&masterpathid=&navAction=push&catalogCode=IA&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat601233&hasJS=true

Pretty cool idea.

I just don't think I'd spend $130 on hip boots for a brookie stream.

I thought the same thing, but they are not just rubber footed hip boots, they hiking boots with hip boots attached. A decent pair of hiking boots goes for at least $100. I would like to see them in person before I pass judgment.

Afish-

Everytime I see you post an online sale you found I cringe thinking of the loon pack I didn't buy for $15 or so.

I'm sure Ryan will agree with this..... Thanks for sharing though bud if you find another pack cheap please post it.

I saw those in the catalog, thought they were a pretty good idea. I've been toying with just buying some lightweight stocking foot hippers, be nice to find some without neoprene booties, be able to just wear them under hiking boots. although with the new rubber soled wading boots coming out and the prices on them coming down, I think that will be the way to go. just need to find a pair that fits good and are as comfortable as my danner hikers after a 7 or 8 mile day.

Back