hi-viz spinners

auker9

auker9

Hello again, i am new to this forum and would like to start off by saying it is awesome! ive been lurking now for a few days and a thread on the tips and tricks forum led me to post this. what i was wondering was if anyone tied a hi-viz spinner pattern. i reading the thread about it being hard to see for instance a rusty spinner in low light or even dark conditions when you would most likely be fishing a spinner pattern. My one mentor showed me one some time ago that a friend tied for him. i think that it was just like a rusty spinner with an orange parachute post tied in the middle with no hackle wrapped around the post. i was thinking about tying something like this and was wondering what all of your opinions were. do you any patterns like this in your box? do you have any pictures of a fly like this? any information on this topic would be helpful. thanks alot!
p.s. sorry for such a long post

After you finish your spent wings, tie a piece of bright poly or antron or whatever laying back over your wings and body at an angle so it sticks up. Hopefully you see what I mean in the pics.

I used orange in the pics which didn't really work out as far as being visible. I'd go with a bright yellow or green or white. Pink is supposed to be a good visible color too but I never tried it.

Attachments

• Hi-Viz Snowshoe Spinner (Small).JPG
    Hi-Viz Snowshoe Spinner (Small).JPG
    21.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Hi-Viz Snowshoe Spinner (top) (Small).JPG
    Hi-Viz Snowshoe Spinner (top) (Small).JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 3
white poly yarn for the spent wings sticks out just like a post on each side of the body , just fish it close and set the hook by general location by end of fly line

a simple "hi-viz" sulphur spinner -
microfibette tails - splayed
built up thread abdomen
floating polyyarn wings
parapost material
antron dub thorax

Attachments

• roughhivizsulphurspinner.JPG
    roughhivizsulphurspinner.JPG
    251.3 KB · Views: 5
  • hivizsulphurspinner.JPG
    hivizsulphurspinner.JPG
    255.6 KB · Views: 3
  • finishedhivizsulphurspinner.JPG
    finishedhivizsulphurspinner.JPG
    238.8 KB · Views: 2
thanks alot for you responses! thats about right like i was thinking of. And Hammertime, i just noticed that we are located pretty close. Maybe we could go sometime. im sure i could learn a load of stuff off of you! you seem to know your stuff!
thanks alot guys

I used a yellow parachute march brown spinner tied by Jonas at the jam and when it got dark it made the difference between catching and not catching fish ..

Back