Hey All

Balt Co Wanderer

Balt Co Wanderer

New poster here. I haven’t posted on forums in years, but I kicked the social media habit a few months back — the only downside being no fishing content.

I fish (trout and smallies) and tie flies in northern Baltimore County around the Gunny, but I get into PA quite a bit during the year.

I create some pretty wild smallie patterns if anyone ever wants some recipes.

Nice badge man! Favorite years? I'm partial to 73-74. That Pacific Northwest run they released a few months ago is insane.

X2 on the Badge and edge MD.
I've been meaning to get over to the GP.

Welcome!

PS I'm partial to 77-78 (Relisten is a beautiful place)

I also am in Baltimore County (Towson) and most of my fishing is done at the Gunpowder…although I am hoping to venture up to PA at some point soon.

Haha, I've had this badge saved on my phone for a year -- had no idea where to use it at though. I'm big on a lot of stuff from 69-70 (though, I wasn't alive to be there).

The Gunny is definitely worth the trip at times. The tailwater is awesome if you know where to go, and there are some truly amazing tribs to poke around in. I've spent the last two years charting productive spots on the tribs on a big USGS topo map I had printed, so I know a place or two.

There are some other gems that aren't even a part of the Gunny watershed in the area too.

Welcome! +1 on the badge. 5-2-70 will forever be a fav of mine and was one of my first tapes, but I can't choose between 74 and 77 these days. Probably a topic for another thread.

Definitely another rabbit's hole of convo. That's the New York show right? I was listening to that the other day on YouTube.

Welcome! +1 on the badge. 5-2-70 will forever be a fav of mine and was one of my first tapes, but I can't choose between 74 and 77 these days. Probably a topic for another thread.
Maybe it should be a topic for another thread... but I'm gonna keep this going. Yeah man 74 and 77 are the years I come back to the most. I just love the jazz influence on those years. I think I'm partial to 74 because I find Mickey Hart to be pretty dang annoying

Haha, I've had this badge saved on my phone for a year -- had no idea where to use it at though. I'm big on a lot of stuff from 69-70 (though, I wasn't alive to be there).

The Gunny is definitely worth the trip at times. The tailwater is awesome if you know where to go, and there are some truly amazing tribs to poke around in. I've spent the last two years charting productive spots on the tribs on a big USGS topo map I had printed, so I know a place or two.

There are some other gems that aren't even a part of the Gunny watershed in the area too.
I'm big on 69-70 as well, but my first show wasn't until '73 (Balto. Civic Center.) The GP is my home river.

This forum is great for those of us who live pretty much on the Mason-Dixon (aka Waffle House-IHOP) line and fish both states equally.

Wanderer - yup, 5-2-70 is the Harpur College show in Binghamton that starts with an acoustic set. But for my money the 2 electric sets that follow are where it's at. I think The Other One from that show smokes. It was released as a Dick's Picks early pretty early in that series.

Raftman - I totally agree about the appeal of the jazz influence and that Mickey Hart can be annoying. But one thing I love about that spring 77 tour is just how tight they were. IIRC they were coming off recording Terrapin and a producer had really cracked the whip, especially with the drummers, to get them to sound like a "real" band.

Redietz - I'm so jealous that you got to see them. Is this the show you were at https://archive.org/details/gd1973-03-26.sbd.miller.34787.sbeok.flac16 ? Sounds great. In high school ('95) I was telling my mom that I really wanted to go see the Dead before someone died. The next day she showed up at the bike shop where I worked and told me that Jerry died.

This is a great jam to listen to at work.

I'm big on 69-70 as well, but my first show wasn't until '73 (Balto. Civic Center.) The GP is my home river.

This forum is great for those of us who live pretty much on the Mason-Dixon (aka Waffle House-IHOP) line and fish both states equally.
Ha, I think the Balt Co, Harford Co line is the IHOP Waffle House line.

Badge, i wonder? Seen lots of badge with hands behind my back. Too many times! There was a time? No badge. Watts Experiment----the start and Manson the end!

No badge you ever will wear, will prepare you for what you will see in Pa. Glorious Pa. With that, i bow my head!

Maxima12

Back