Hero fish

discomidge

discomidge

The word hero gets thrown around a lot but today I got snagged in some real heavy water and this fish grabbed the dropper and pulled me out of the snag, selflessly rescuing my rig. A true hero.

Also that was weird, never had that happen before. The bite was on in the section where it happened.

Man if you were bait fishing you could have stuffed a few minnows or worms in its mouth to thank it.

Man if you were bait fishing you could have stuffed a few minnows or worms in its mouth to thank it.

Each time i read this post i crack up!!

Disco that is an amazing fish!!! Assuming it came from your usual favorite water, well done sir

Very nice fish.GG

The word hero gets thrown around a lot but today I got snagged in some real heavy water and this fish grabbed the dropper and pulled me out of the snag, selflessly rescuing my rig. A true hero.

Also that was weird, never had that happen before. The bite was on in the section where it happened.
I've had this happen to me before with a two fly rig. My point fly was snagged and I pulled on the line to try and free it, which jigged the fly on the dropper causing a fish to hit the dropper fly and free the snag. Not ready to post this as a tip for getting a snag unstuck, but it sure works well when it happens!!!:)

You might want to fish corn on the dropper tag next time. That way if you snag up, you can just wait it out. Tungsten isn't cheap.

Thanks guys. I'm glad I played hooky yesterday and spent it on the water. Pretty good action, for December.

great fish and nice turn of events for you! i always liked the brown and golden colors on the bottom side of a brown

Back