HERE COME THE YY TROJAN SUPERMALES!!

Fish Sticks

Fish Sticks

Invasive brook trout being eradicated with YY super male brook trout!!! Article below. When Brown trout and rainbow trout YY supermales are finished development will be interesting to see which eastern state is first to use em.

“By the end of the second spawning season, in 2020, 75% of the fish captured in Leandro Creek were male, and almost 30% of the juveniles from test streams around Vermejo were the male offspring of YY brook trout. Miller hopes this year’s percentages will be higher.”

Effing with nature gave us the gift of covid among other unwanted things. While interesting, not sure it's something we should be messing with

Effing with nature gave us the gift of covid among other unwanted things. While interesting, not sure it's something we should be messing with
Any new un proven restoration technique can certainly be scary I agree with you that it never inspires confidence when something when final results aren’t available yet.

Our western neighbors have taken the leap it seems so we will all have to follow this closely to see what all happens with these supermale pilot tests in Oregon, Washington, Idaho, and New Mexico.

I recently got interested in native crayfish restoration and what can be done about the Rusty’s in the susky so I spoke with astracologist and Auburn University Dr. Jim stocked by phone a few weeks ago. He said they are doing something similar with crayfish called Neofemale crayfish and there is potential. Can’t imagine the biochemical and molecular techniques that will be available in the next few decades. This mass extinction event/biodiversity crisis event we are in due to human population growth/climate change is spurring all kinds of interesting science to keep these critters from biting the dust.

Moon inbound in 3.....2.....

Any new un proven restoration technique can certainly be scary I agree with you that it never inspires confidence when something when final results aren’t available yet.

Our western neighbors have taken the leap it seems so we will all have to follow this closely to see what all happens with these supermale pilot tests in Oregon, Washington, Idaho, and New Mexico.

I recently got interested in native crayfish restoration and what can be done about the Rusty’s in the susky so I spoke with astracologist and Auburn University Dr. Jim stocked by phone a few weeks ago. He said they are doing something similar with crayfish called Neofemale crayfish and there is potential. Can’t imagine the biochemical and molecular techniques that will be available in the next few decades. This mass extinction event/biodiversity crisis event we are in due to human population growth/climate change is spurring all kinds of interesting science to keep these critters from biting the dust.
Instead of altering dna and molecular compsition, perhaps we could improve protecting our environment from harmful contaminants derived from pharmaceuticals in our wastewater, herbicides/pesticides and petrochemicals.

Instead of altering dna and molecular compsition, perhaps we could improve protecting our environment from harmful contaminants derived from pharmaceuticals in our wastewater, herbicides/pesticides and petrochemicals.
How about "instead of", we do that in "conjunction with"? I think it's the same w/ any of these concepts. I don't think it's fair to say, "instead of reclaiming brook trout water, we focus on strategic wood additions".

Why does it always have to be one or the other? I was shocked at the affordability of rotenone or Antimycin. Even manual removal isn't out of this world compared to some of the other things we spend money on. Heck, I'll find the money if that's the problem. Somehow I think it's a "will" problem, not a money problem.

Jump to 2030 for the news...........
2028 studies show extinction of gila trout a direct result of the fish feeding on genetically altered brook trout which ended up disrupting their procreation.

Back