Helping out with Pickering stocking

FlyForFun

FlyForFun

So i want to help out tomorrow with the Pickering Creek stocking but had some questions. Anyone know how to get in contact with who is running it?

Start with a call to your local PAFBC office (find it on their website).

I'm sure they can answer your questions, or quickly put you in touch with whoever can.

Or just look at the schedule and go to the meeting place...on time or a little before and look around for the most active folks. walk up and say hello and that you'd like to help.

Yo F4F

Good on you! The Pickering stocking will be tomorrow at noon, meeting at the Ridge Fire Hall on Rte 23, several miles east of Rte 100 http://fbweb.pa.gov/stocking/TroutStockingDetails_GIS.aspx

If the snow develops too much, though, the Commish will postpone the event, since safety is uppermost in their minds. I'll see you there if things work out.

The reason i am asking for a contact is because i would be using my lunch break to come help and i work right next to Pickering so i would have to drive past where we would stock to the meeting place and back so i wanted to see if i could just meet up on the water and help out. Since i have limited amount of time to help i wanted to make sure i use most of it helping and not driving.

I figured it was more than just the basics. ;-)

Give them a call.

They should be able to give you the route and approximate time hacks for the various stops.

Maybe offer your cell/work number to pass along to the driver/coordinator, and have them call you at a designated time to let you know where they are located at that time for a quick meet-up.

Thanks for helping them out!

The stocking truck is scheduled to be at the Charlestown Rd bridge (DHALO section) at about 12:15 tomorrow

I was hoping to be available for this and had put in for a day off to help…but with the forecasted snow and my unit expected to make it in to the office to be available for customers, I will need to be at work tomorrow too. I work in one of the few industries that actually get busier on a snow day…auto insurance claims.

nice meeting you guys at the stocking. hope to see yall on the water soon!

Back