Help with Weber ID

B

blitzinstripes

Looking for info on a very nice Weber bamboo rod that my father in law just inherited from a co-worker. Based on my reading online and comparing pics and features, it appears to me to be an Edwards made Weber. It's in fantastic condition which makes me think it may have been refinished at some point. Cork is also in very good condition. Spare tip, both tips are in great shape, very minor "set" in the tips. Original aluminum tube and cloth bag.

I own a few cheaper vintage bamboos, and this one is far and above all of mine in quality of build. Any help on positive ID and value is appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20240223_190802369.jpg
    IMG_20240223_190802369.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_20240223_190332905.jpg
    IMG_20240223_190332905.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20240223_190433816.jpg
    IMG_20240223_190433816.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20240223_190530946.jpg
    IMG_20240223_190530946.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 34
If you do not get the info you’re seeking here you could also consider joining and asking on the Facebook group called Bamboo Fly Rod Identification and Value, or the group Classic Fly Fishing Tackle Anglers. Both of these groups have 1000’s of members, and have a wealth of info.

I lean to Edwards family or Edwards Bristol based mainly on how the hookeeper and signatures are wrapped. Heddon is a distant second. If you post on the bamboo forum or one of the FB groups, a full view of the reel seat and grip and the mid ferrules would yield more complete info to work with.

I lean to Edwards family or Edwards Bristol based mainly on how the hookeeper and signatures are wrapped. Heddon is a distant second. If you post on the bamboo forum or one of the FB groups, a full view of the reel seat and grip and the mid ferrules would yield more complete info to work with.
Not a Heddon for sure. If it were, it would have a swelled butt and this doesn't.

If you do not get the info you’re seeking here you could also consider joining and asking on the Facebook group called Bamboo Fly Rod Identification and Value, or the group Classic Fly Fishing Tackle Anglers. Both of these groups have 1000’s of members, and have a wealth of info.
I joined and posted this same post on the "classic fly rod forum" / message board and only got one vague response so far. Way more traffic on this site.

I joined and posted this same post on the "classic fly rod forum" / message board and only got one vague response so far. Way more traffic on this site.
This response is intended to be helpful.

You should read the the stickied, top post in that forum. “Before You Ask For an Appraisal”.

There are lots of knowledgeable folks there. Be patient and provide all info suggested from the stickied post.

Good luck.

Never owned or fished a bamboo rod but that's a pretty one. I'd expect the varnish running onto the winding check confirms a refinish happened at least once - unless the varnish originally dried clear and seasoned to amber some time later.

Back