Help me save this GSP thread spool

dennisl

dennisl

First time tying with GSP and the thread locked up on the spool after a few flies! Can I save it somehow?

Attachments

• IMG_0313.jpeg
    IMG_0313.jpeg
    181 KB · Views: 59
On a more helpful note, now is a good time to switch to Semperfli Nanosilk. I'm guessing that tangled spool is Veevus? I've never made it all the way through a spool of Veevus without that happening.

On a more helpful note, now is a good time to switch to Semperfli Nanosilk. I'm guessing that tangled spool is Veevus? I've never made it all the way through a spool of Veevus without that happening.
Yep, Veevus. Will be on the lookout for Nanosilk at the show in Edison this weekend.

+1 on the Nanosilk. I really enjoy tying with it. It’s a great product, super strong with very little bulk and I have never experienced a spool of it locking up like that. You can cord it up, flatten it out, tie split thread technique with it. It comes in various sizes (6/0, 12/0, 18/0) in lots of colors. I’ve been using a lot of 12/0 nanosilk in black, brown and olive lately but white also offers a lot of flexibility in that you can color it anything with a marker before finishing off the head. I always use a razor blade to cut nanosilk when I’m tying. It’s an extremely tough product and you could probably screw up a good pair of scissors pretty quickly trying to cut nanosilk with them.

I use UTC and have used Veevus with no issues but then again, I never found GSP necessary for everyday tying.

I only use it for tying in things like dumbbell eyes, calf tail or other upright hair wings when I can't be conservative with thread wraps and need a lot of strength.

Nano silk is the truth. Strong, thin, and doesn’t crowd the eye.

I gave it my best shot but had to admit defeat and tossed the Veevus spool in the garbage...

Back