Help Me Buy a Couple Books for My Kiddies

JackM

JackM

Staff member
Looking for Christmas gift ideas for my kids. They are both residing near Las Vegas, NV. Gino bought a trailer and truck and has been venturing out into AZ and UT to trout fish. Connie and her boyfriend like to hike. I'd like to get them a nice hard-cover book to guide them in finding new and exciting places to explore. Ideally, the books would be informative with maps and such, but also enticing photography to excite them.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Looking for Christmas gift ideas for my kids. They are both residing near Las Vegas, NV. Gino bought a trailer and truck and has been venturing out into AZ and UT to trout fish. Connie and her boyfriend like to hike. I'd like to get them a nice hard-cover book to guide them in finding new and exciting places to explore. Ideally, the books would be informative with maps and such, but also enticing photography to excite them.

This book is very informative about the trout that evolved in that area and still reside there today with maps, history, photos and will teach them about multiple very cool species of native cutthroat trout. I don’t own it yet but word is I might after Christmas😉. There is a book preview ok google books.

This book is very informative about the trout that evolved in that area and still reside there today with maps, history, photos and will teach them about multiple very cool species of native cutthroat trout. I don’t own it yet but word is I might after Christmas😉. There is a book preview ok google books.
View attachment 1641233130

Maybe they will go all over the west to try to get the “cutt-slam”

These

These are very good maps. They may have these already, though.

The Vanishing Trout by Charles Lose is a masterpiece, IMHO. It's based in the forests of Pennsylvania, but they might like that.

View attachment 1641233130

Thanks so much. This would be good for Gino.

Given the hikers’ location, I don’t have a specific book recommendation, but I have found that there are often books that describe hiking and recommended routes in individual national parks. Some of the better parks and national monuments, which also have hiking, are in those two states. If that’s too vague or if the search becomes difficult with little success, the an alternative related gift could be lifetime passes to the nation’s national parks if the hikers don’t have them already.

Back